CareerAre You the Next Person We Are Looking For?
Professional Development Opportunity
If you want to be exposed to a variety of city or county planning departments, learn specialized professional skills such as coastal development, hillside development, and urban infill all in one job, then Civic Solutions Inc. is the place for you.
We are looking for planners who want to continue working in the public sector, want an opportunity for career advancement, enjoy flexibility in their schedule and their work environment, and want to build their resume.
Join us if you are looking for the next step in your career.
What We Are Looking For
We want people who are motivated, entrepreneurial, organized, self-directed, personable, civic minded and technically sound in the urban planning profession. We offer competitive salaries, revenue sharing bonuses and full benefits including a retirement program, medical insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, professional development reimbursement and great planning projects.
NOW HIRING – Professional Urban Planners
Job Title: Professional Urban Planners at entry level and at the assistant, associate and senior levels of experience & expertise
Job Location: San Diego, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange County Cities
Job Description: Professional urban planner
Salary range: $56,500 to $116,000 per year depending on qualifications
Who we are, what we do, and what we offer!
Civic Solutions, Inc. is an established, well-known and respected firm that is dedicated to city planning and community development staffing and consulting throughout Southern California. With the collective goal of contributing to the improvement of natural and built environments, we embrace collaboration, creativity, and innovation in every aspect of our work. We value and reward our employees with competitive compensation and benefits, including monthly bonus opportunities, and our management team is dedicated to the professional development and career advancement of our staff so that each can reach their full potential. We work both within city halls to assist staff in all aspects of planning, as well as from our corporate and home offices in the preparation of a wide variety of planning projects and documents. We are headquartered in San Juan Capistrano with additional office space in Ontario.
Civic Solutions, Inc. has immediate openings for part-time and full-time professional urban planners at entry level through senior level.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working with a team, can work independently under general direction, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages zoning entitlement applications for municipal clients, processes discretionary permits, prepares project review letters, notices, staff reports, and makes public presentations.
- Analyzes and prepares materials in support of zoning updates, general plans, specific plans, community plans, and housing elements.
- Works efficiently on multiple projects under the supervision of a project manager, and is able to prioritize multiple tasks needed to meet deadlines.
- Interprets and applies applicable government codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or City Planning or a closely related field
- Except for entry level hires: one or more years of related experience
- Proficient withMicrosoft Office
- Two or more years municipal planning experience in California in current or advance planning, or both
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning or City Planning
- Adobe, InDesign, GIS
If interested, please submit your resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The employment application can be downloaded on our website here: Civic Solutions Employment Application
Apply by date: Open until filled